Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Rag Swag

I saw one of these swag's/garlands and knew I had to make one. I decided to make one in the colors of my new family room (I am in the middle of re-decorating it) so that means the colors would be tan, white, cream, beige, off white, (you get the picture) with a splash of blue. The first thing you need is a piece of twine and two rings (like the ones you put your keys on) Tie the twine to the rings
Here is the pile of fabric scraps that I dug out of my scrap box. I just riped the fabric into peices that were about 2x8 in length. I also dug out all different kinds of ribbon.

Here is the swag finished! I am sorry that the picture did not turn out so good. I am having issues with my camera and have decided that I just need to go out and get a new one. It really did not take as long as I thought it would. I finished it in a little over an hour. I am probably going to hang it on my foe fireplace but since that needs to be painted I thought I would wait to hang it on there. The china closet that the swag is hanging on is in my craft room and it holds my fabric and lace collection.


This is a side view. I also used a little tool and lace. (lots of lace!)




This picture did not come out so great but I wanted to show you the "charms" that I made to hang off of it. I just used what I had laying around the house. the little clip to the left is a miniature clothes pin with buttons and tiny sea shells glued to it. There are about 4 of then hooked onto the swag.
I am in such a swag mood! They seem to be the popular thing right now. I saw a few on the Internet that I just loved. One was made with vintage post cards! just to dye for!




2 comments:

  1. Geesh, every time I check, you're making something new! You're just so creative! You should open your own shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to not like you!! LOL..

    Love it!!!!! Soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete