Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ephesians 5

In my quite time this morning I came across this verse. " Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. Then you will sing Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" How wonderful would it be if we all allowed the Holy spirit to control us. when we do, nothing ugly can come out of us, only pure music, music to Gods ear. When the music is sung it is only natural that the Lord would hear it and all those around us. In the vesrse's just before this one the Lord is telling us to be careful in how we live and not to act like fools. How many times have I been a fool this past week? Have I made the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days? Scripture also says, "Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do." We are not perfect but scripture says we must TRY and understand what God is wanting us to do. I know I will be taking time to mediate on what is good and trying to understand what the Lord would have me do today to bring him glory. Only then will the music be heard.

Love,

Adrienne



No comments:

Post a Comment