Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Vintage Recipe box-made for 1.00

I like the idea of a recipe box because the books that I have seem to fall apart quickly. I found this recipe box at Michaels for a 1.00 but they style did not go with my kitchen. For those of you who know me, you know that I believe in spray paint and always keep in stock! (the bird cage to the right is a makeover for another post) Here is the box sprayed with my favorite shade of pink. I was scared the cardboard material that the box was made up would not stand up to wet paint but it did just fine!
Here it is simply decorated with some things that I had in my craft room. I am not overwhelmingly happy with how it came out. I wanted a vintage feel to it. I might change it up later but for now it is cute and practical.

Here is a close up of the very front. The jewel on it is an old clip on earring that I got at a flea market.





No comments:

Post a Comment