Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Part II of family resources~

Today I want to talk about audio!  I LOVE anything audio and am a bit of a collector.  You can throw a CD in the player on long car rides and the kids don't even know that they are learning!  I also will let them listen to audios at night when in bed or during the day when they are done with their school work.  We have taken the audios camping with us and spend hours listening to wonderful stories that build our faith. Here our some of our favorites:

1.  Your Story Hour~ These are probably the tapes (now they have them on CD) that got us started.  They are wonderful!  Each volume has a different theme.  There is one that is all bible stories called "Bible Comes Alive"  you may be tired of hearing me say this but I have used this for Sunday school!  The stories are told in a drama format.  They are accurate and easy to listen to.  You can facilitate a discussion after the story and then read it from the scriptures.  Some of the other volumes that they sell are historical.  They have stories about George Washington, Henry Ford, Fanny Crosby, and MORE.  There are also stories that have to do with a character trait like honesty.  I believe CBD (christian book distributors) sells this series. 

2.  Focus On the Family Radio Theater~  another wonderful theatrical audio.  I pulled the Father Gilbert Mysteries series off my shelf.  This particular series is a little scary but not at all inappropriate.  It is a mystery that gets solved at the end and will keep you at the edge of your seat.  They have many titles that you can choose from.  Some of the ones we own and have listened to are Chronicles of Narnia, Bonhoeffer, The story of Anne Frank, and my favorite... Child Of Promise... which is a great story about the apostle Luke. 

I am sure many of you are familiar with" Adventures in Odyssey."  I believe this was Focus on the Families first audio series.  They are excellent and even my older children enjoy pulling those out and listening to them.  They are very much a charecter teaching series. 

3.  Jonathan Park~ This is our children's new favorite.  It is the story of a family that learns about creation by experiencing many adventures! This is a great way for our children to learn about creation and also be able to refute evolution.  You can get this from Vision Forum.  or http://www.jonathanpark.com/ 

We have a lot more audios on our shelf but those are the top 3 that have really impacted my kids.  Tomorrow I will talk about Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment