Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

fall is coming

I am not sure why, but I seem to go through a lot of crock pots! This is my third one in 2 years I am not sure why that it is but I have bought every kind and every price range. I decided to go back to just the plain old basic one. I was happy to find one at Wal Mart for 18.00! and I love the fact that it is white.

In the winter I use it about 2-3 times a week! It is a life saver and easy on the food budget. Any meal that I cook in it goes further especially when you are cooking meat.

This is my favorite crock pot recipe and one that I have taken to dinners before.

Crock Pot Lasagna:

1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
29 oz of tomato sauce
1 cup of water
6 oz can of tomato paste
tsp of salt
tsp of dried oregano
8 oz package of Lasagna noodles UNCOOKED
4 cups (16 oz) of shredded mozerella cheese
1 1/2 cups (12oz) small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese

1. Cook beef, onion, and garlic together in a saucepan-drain
2. Stir in tomato sauce,water, t. paste, salt and oregano-mix well
3. Spread one fourth of meat sauce in ungreased slow cooker. arrange one third of noodles over sauce.
4. Combine the cheeses. Spoon one -third of mixture over noodles. Reapeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
5. Cook on low 4-5 hours

1 comment:

  1. I use my crockpot year round. It beats heating up the oven which heats up the kitchen or standing over the cooktop in the summer! Roasts, whole chickens, stews, ratatouille, cacciatore, stroganoff...I'll cook it all.

    ReplyDelete