Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Gardening

I have never grown any kind of vegetable garden. This year I decided it would be a great project for the kids and I. Unfortunately, with the deer population that I have in my yard I cant do a large garden so instead we decided to do a small raised garden right next to the house. I will show you my raised garden structure in a future post. Today's project was to try and start some plants inside and then transplant them outside when the weather is appropriate. I did this more for Isabella's enjoyment. I plan to buy most of my vegetable plants from the nursery But I thought it would be fun to try and start a few. In the picture above we have carrots, cucumbers, basil and pansies.

Here is little Miss Isabella putting the dirt into the pods. It was fun putting the seeds in and watering them (her favorite part) we ran out of seeds so I am headed to Target to get some more seeds, dirt and a mister. Where were the boys? Outside jumping off our fallen tree onto the trampoline! (doing flips) way "funner" than planting seeds!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my place and your sweet words...you mentioned infertility...that too is so hard...I feel your pain and know your heart's desire! It has been one of my lifetime challenges in trusting. Your family looks special!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete